On the green hillside near the old monasteries of Lecceto and San Leonardo al Lago, where the countryside hasn't changed a lot during the centuries, are some farm houses and two villas with their gardens and chapels. One of these, the Villa Chigi, was built in the seventeenth century and preserves inside frescoes dated 1707. In 1216 the village was one of the rural communities of the state of Siena, as is clear from the fine Toiano had to pay for tax defaults. In 1333 it suffered devastations by the troops of Ciupo Scolari from Pisa. In the second half of the century it became part of the municipality of Sovicille.