Of the certainly small, medieval settlement, its rectangular stone tower with a sloping base on the west side still exists. The hamlet is ocated along the ancient road that connected Siena to the Maremma and is mentioned for the first time in a document of 1073. At the beginning of the fourteenth century, when the church dedicated to the Saints Filippo and Giacomo was built, it was a community by its own. Not in the next century, probably due to the decrease of its inhabitants. The church was renovated several times over the centuries but it still survives even if its roof collapsed and the walls appear unsafe.