Pro Loco Sovicille
Padule
This plain separates the hills of the Montagnola Senese from the reliefs of San Rocco a Pilli and Ville di Corsano. In ancient times, this area was called Silva Verolla, and then Selva del Lago and was mostly marshy. The earliest records date back to the early thirteenth century. The final reclamation of the whole area occurred in 1780, by the Grand Duke of Tuscany; since then its grounds are extremely fertile and intensively cultivated.

Near to Padule

Other locations from Nice Places