In Malignano there is a villa and a neo-classical chapel. From a small street in front of the villa one can reach the Castellare. In this place, now occupied by a few houses, in the Middle Ages there was a castle and a church dedicated to S. Michele Arcangelo. In this church, the 6th of October 1179, a major agreement between the Ardengheschi family and the Republic of Siena was reached. In 1260 the castle was burned down and destroyed by the Florentine troops who were invading the territory of Siena.