The Basilica of Santo Spirito, located in the Oltrarno district, was built on the remains of the thirteenth-century Augustinian convent destroyed by fire in 1471. It is the last work conceived by Filippo Brunelleschi.
The interior of the structure is composed of three naves divided by arches on columns that also turn in the transept. Niches open along the walls to form chapels. The stained-glass window was designed by Perugino. The high altar, in baroque style, to the realization of which collaborated Gherardo Silvani and Agostino Ubaldini, is work of Giovanni Caccini (1599-1607).
To the left of the facade is the museum of the Roman Foundation located in the Last Supper of the Holy Spirit (Cenacolo di Santo Spirito).